At The Intersection of 3 L’s: Learning, Listening & Living
Chairman, HelpAge International Former Member, Planning Commission of India Former Chairman, Boston Consulting Group, India
Arun Maira has an unusual combination of experience as a hands-on leader, a consultant to leaders, and a thought leader on subjects of leadership and institutional transformation, in the private, public and social sectors. He has written several books on institutional transformation, and he writes regularly in journals.
Arun was a Member of India’s Planning Commission from 2009-14, prior to which he was Chairman of the Boston Consulting Group, India. Earlier, he had worked with the Tata Group in India for 25 years, and for another 10 years with Arthur D Little Inc and Innovation Associates in the USA.
Presently, he is Chairman of Helpage International and an Advisor to several civil society networks. Arun Maira was born in Lahore in undivided India on August 15, 1943.
Take home these learnings:
2. Simple Joys Of Life
3. What Is The Purpose of Your Work?
4. When You Stop Learning, You Stop Living
5. On Kindness Learnt From Parents
6. Listening As A Core Discipline In Transforming Systems
7. Listening and Dignity Go Together
8. Let Kids Discover Their Roles In World
9. What Is The Essence Of Life?